In addition to providing medium to heavy manufacturing space at very competitive lease rates, Airport Industrial Center offers our tenants many other incentives and special features.
Kentucky Jobs Development Act (KJDA)
Service or technology-related companies – such as data processing, research and development and other non-manufacturing, non-retail companies – may receive benefits for creating jobs for Kentucky residents. Qualified companies may receive:
- State income tax credits
Low Interest Loans
The Kentucky Economic Development Finance Authority provides secured loans for fixed asset financing (land, building and machinery) at below market interest rates. The amount of the loan will be based on the number of jobs created, up to a maximum of $500,000 and 25% of a project’s fixed asset cost.
Enterprise Zone – Sales Tax Exemption
Airport Industrial Center is located within the Louisville Enterprise Zone, which means that a certified business located in Airport Industrial Center is exempt from state sales tax on:
- Purchases of new and used equipment and machinery, including office equipment, furniture and fixtures
- Building materials for remodeling, rehabilitation or new construction being done in the zone by certified or non-certified business
The state and the community have programs that participate with the manufacturing employer in funding pre-hire and on-the-job training for new employees of expanding or newly-locating manufacturing employers, as well as upgrade training for existing manufacturing employees.
Recruiting, Screening, Testing and Assessing Applicants
The Kentucky Job Service, a state agency, will provide recruiting, screening, testing and assessment services for new or expanding manufacturing employers.
General Purpose Foreign Trade Zone
Airport Industrial Center is part of the Louisville Foreign Trade Zone, FTZ #29, and offers manufacturers located in the park the benefits associated with a Foreign Trade Zone. In addition, all tangible personal property of an “activated” user of the foreign trade zone located within the zone that is not exempt from state and local taxes by federal law is subject to a reduced state ad valorem tax rate of $0.001 per $100.00 of valuation.
Other Valuable Benefits
- Some buildings have existing overhead and jib cranes from 2-ton to 50-ton capacity, making them crane-compatible
- A modern conference/training facility is available in the Center for use by tenants
- Airport Industrial Center is only ten minutes from the Louisville International Airport passenger terminal and the air cargo terminal
- Airport Industrial Center is only ten minutes from United Parcel Services Worldport
- Rail Service can be provided by CSX
- The average cost of electricity for manufacturers in the area is 3.43 cents per kw and the park is served by its own dual fed 13,800 kw substation
- Airport Industrial Center is a stop on the public transit system
- Nearby interstate access, just minutes from downtown, University of Louisville, Churchill Downs, and other landmarks
- The surrounding community is full of qualified manufacturing-industry professionals